CROSS-PLATFORM ● ENGLISH ● 18+

SORRY, WE ARE CLOSED
WHAT'S NEW?
16/07: Stick to your guns ►►
16/06: The first steps ►►
01/06: We are officially open ►►

CC: PIE

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #1 summer is coming

flood #1 summer is coming

Posts 421 to 450 of 1000

https://legendsofwindemere.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/5-summer-kid-vs-adult.jpg?w=584

+2

42 wrote:

By the way, the architecture I was talking about yesterday, is almost defined. At least, it loos like it. Seems that my concept is feasible.

Oh, that's great. I hope you'll finish it, and we, rpg folk, we'll be able to see it )

Lucifer
It won't be free though. So I'm not sure of the rpg folk in general will be interested) I know a couple of persons who would not mind paying 5 bucks a months, but I'm not sure it's a general rule)

Well, people pay for designs and pr, also to get rid of the ads at the platform. And they buy additional scripts

Lucifer
Also true.
By the way, talking about the ads...

Lucifer wrote:

I'm watching Loki in that movie club I told you about

ah, Loki! Liked it on a scale of 10 for about 5,5. I wanted more of time traveling in a time-travel based show, and most of what we've got was a Pompeii scene for a minute =(
I've played him, his brother, his marvel father and others for years, that character is under my skin so deep it's ridiculous xd

I'm happy for you and that project! Do you truly love your job? Are you comfortable?

Last edited by The Herald (2024-06-08 22:04:49)

The Herald
As a matter of fact, I do. First of all, my job implies very little talking to people, which is perfect. And also it requires a lot of learning, reading, experimenting and inventing stuff, all the things that I love.

+2

sounds perfect, really, hard but perfect! And when do you expect to conclude this particular project? Is there something next down the road for you?

The Herald
Not much really. This thing, the PR bot - they are just hobby projects, I do them out of pure curiosity) Although the PR bot ended up being quite useful.
By the way, I still need to check why it cannot log in properly on rusff.

Do you have hobby projects?

42 wrote:

By the way, I still need to check why it cannot log in properly on rusff.

Do you need admin rights to try smth?

Lucifer
No, I'm good. It's all on the bot's side, not on the forum's side

42 wrote:

Do you have hobby projects?

I'm afraid not... Past eight or so years were fully devoted to my PhD, but I've been an admin on a crossplatform like this myself during that time, and I've spent few years writing my own fantasy books with an enormous unique world. Those were huge hobby projects, sadly they didn't last long and didn't really pay off, except the PhD, I've got it xD Nowdays I'm trying to make a name and a living and it's eating a lot of free time. I'm collecting precious fandom related items to keep myself sane, that's the closest thing to a lasting hobby project I have going on now xd

The Herald
Well, PhD is a hell of a project, to be honest) May I ask what is the field?

+1

42 wrote:

May I ask what is the field?

Law, intellectual property law in particular. I was bachelor of law, then master of design and my PhD brought me back to law, it was quite a journey. I'm not a practical lawyer, my field is science more than ground working with patents, etc.

+1

The Herald
Wow, this sounds really cool I should say!
By the way, may I ask you a question? From a legal perspective, can a site name be considered some type of brand name? When there is no company, no organization behind, just a site called "xyz", and it's maintained by a couple of firends. Can "xyz" be registered as a brand name?

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-08 23:27:00)

+1

тут лучше все же по-русски уже шпрехать хд Да, доменное имя можно и даже нужно регистрировать, как товарный знак, такая опция существует. Так или иначе бренд начинает формироваться технически, с создания логотипа, регистрации под каким-то названием как XYZ.com в качестве домена, и если это долгоиграющая и важная для бизнеса интеллектуальная собственность, то чем скорее будет оформлено реальное право на эту интеллектуальную собственность, тем лучше. Пока что вы с друзьями пользуетесь так называемым коммерческим обозначением, оно есть, вы имеете на это право, вам ничего не надо больше делать с правовой точки зрения, но это не безопасно. Лучше переходить в зону фирменного наименования (регистрировать компанию) и набивать свою "правовую подушку" свидетельствами и патентами.

+1

Вопрос конечно, насколько ваше коммерческое обозначение / доменное имя сейчас оригинальные, чтобы пройти ведомственную проверку успешно. Если полностью уникальны в вашей сфере деятельности, проблем не будет =)

+1

The Herald
Nah, I don't have anything like that at the moment. It just came to me when I was registering the domain name for my pet project I've been talking about.
My friend and I have found a domain name that we consider quite fun and, miraculously, it was free. And it's free in every domain zone, as far as I can tell. So we are using trole.online, but trole.com is also not claimed by anyone as of now. Thus, right now, we can use this name freely without any problem.
But I know that, if you try to claim a name like "google.ca" (if it were free), the domain registering site will not let you do this because this brand is already claimed by someone. So now I'm thinking: what happens if someone takes the name trole.com one day and registers it as a trademark? The next time I try to renew my domain, the registry will not let me do it?
Again, this site is a hobby, it's not meant to generate money or be a real business, I just like the domain name and don't want to loose it.

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-09 00:05:23)

+1

oh well, if it's not for business, then situation is different and more nuanced in perspective. Those who will actually gain a trademark may have later come claiming similar domain name for the sake of just having it and protecting their own brand, since it's their registered name and they just may consider your activity somehow hurtful to them. It's just too many question marks to say something specific from a legal point of view. But all I know is that domain name database is not a legal IP|patent etc database, they are not connected, so you may still be able to renew your domain name, but someone can take it legally later from your possession. As if now you operate on level 1, and those with IP right are from level 2, they have more weapons xd

+1

The Herald
Oh great. One cannot have her little hobby site in piece! *Rolling her eyes*
I'm just rambling, don't mind me) Thank you)

+2

it's okay, that's my area to speculate, so I'm glad if any of it was useful!)

+1

The Herald
It is. I'm a web developer, but I always worked for some other company. I have one site that I maintain, but there are literally only three people who use it, so if the domain name changes one day it does not matter. But this little thing, if we ever make it real, can be potentially used by many people so the domain name becomes important.

+1

I hope you would flourish to fullscale business, if you want to, especially if you like what you do and it's actually profitable. IT industry is the most expected to bloom for future generations, who knows for what ends, and you are smart to join and stay on top of the wave, so keep going!))

why am i getting new trailers for Descendants 4 from some hispanic disney channel... wtf is going on? xD

The Herald
Oh, it's probably because you've been talking to me) I have three languages installed on my PC, including Spanish, and the sites sometimes don't know which language to use with me)

It's just the side for role players. Particularly for Russian-speaking role-layers. There are... what... several hundred of us? I doubt you can a business out of it)

+1

it looks sparkly and somehow dark, I like it! I loved D1,2 and 3, this one should be something else though... Time travelling in to the past with songs along the way xd

It's great to be polyglot Are you fluent in Spanish? Can you understand natives when they speak fast?

42 wrote:

There are... what... several hundred of us? I doubt you can a business out of it)

Expand, I mean, PR bots would be welcomed for small businesses with a need for some advertisement. People have to hire other people for that, you can provide alternative with some modifications, just saying xd idk a lot about it, I just know that people are willing to pay to save some time and get more efficient!

I bet Lucifer is watching from a far and thinking "it's great, they are talking, I'm better not to jinx it somehow, it's living on its own, it's good"
Come here and talk with us xD

The Herald
No. I did not have any opportunity to practice. I'm thinking about going to a Spanish-speaking country for a year or two to remedy that.

The Herald wrote:

PR bots would be welcomed for small businesses with a need for some advertisement

No, I won't do that. Posting ads on other forums is normal, accepted practice, we even have special places for that. Just posting random ads on random forums across Internet is called spamming)

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-09 01:26:25)

+1

42 wrote:

No. I did not have any opportunity to practice. I'm thinking about going to a Spanish-speaking country for a year or two to remedy that.

i wish i could just go travel when i want, it's luxury really

42 wrote:

Just posting random ads on random forums across Internet is called spamming)

well, if my adblock is off, I have tons of adds I've never asked for, so someone is making profit like that and lots of it xd

The Herald
Yeah, I'm lucky enough that I can easily enough find myself a fully remote job if I want to

The fact that many people in IT are unethical idiots does not mean that everyone has to be like that)

you are right, moral code is important, I admire your way of thinking that way, it's quite...lawful in a sense!))

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #1 summer is coming

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно