CROSS-PLATFORM ● ENGLISH ● 18+

SORRY, WE ARE CLOSED
WHAT'S NEW?
16/07: Stick to your guns ►►
16/06: The first steps ►►
01/06: We are officially open ►►

CC: PIE

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #1 summer is coming

flood #1 summer is coming

Posts 121 to 150 of 1000

https://legendsofwindemere.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/5-summer-kid-vs-adult.jpg?w=584

+2

paris sky wrote:

but will you put something in more adv? cause i found you accidentally, just surfing through lyl or reno

Well, I've hired someone to do the advertising. Let's hope it'll attract some people )

+1

https://forumstatic.ru/files/001c/2a/e6/78473.webp

I've seen three Hecates for previous month. I guess they are now new moon, full moon and old moon.

+1

Something very strange is happening with the post submit form

The Herald
Unfortunately, TV shows and movies are not my thing. I have not watched Star Trek

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 16:49:22)

Shadow Friend
Hello there

Stickers worked for a bit, but now they don't ((

Lucifer
I'm not talking about stickers. The form is working twice for me. But that could be my mouse, I'll have to verify from home

Upd. Yes, most likely my mouse. No matter then

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 16:50:50)

I see

How is your day going?

Lucifer
It's just started. It's around 10am here at my place, I've just come to work. Nothing to tell yet. What about you?

I'm at work. There is no bosses around today so we are mainly gossiping and drinking tea
And I'm trying to write a post but my colleagues are distracting me with their jokes )

Lucifer
Yeah, colleagues are a well-known obstacle for productivity)
Writing posts from work is my dream. That was one reason I decided to come here: I don't have Russian installed on my office laptop, so I can only write posts in English from work.

+1

42 wrote:

I don't have Russian installed on my office laptop, so I can only write posts in English from work.

Where have you played before?
In English I mean. Have you ever tried playing on foreign forums?

Lucifer
No, I have not. For one, the foreign forums are structured differently, and it's hard for me to get used to their system. And the more important reason - all the interesting roles there are always taken. Too much demand, I guess)
Luckily, I have three people in my cast on another crossover who play in English, but they are all pretty slow. And the guys who are fast players only play in Russian. There is Murphy's law for you)

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 17:25:26)

I've tried to play on a foreign forum once and I agree the structure there was quite odd.

42 wrote:

There is Murphy's law for you)

So true  :D
It was the same for me

Lucifer wrote:

So true

Yeah) That's why I hope this forum will live and thrive. Usually I only have one forum and one role and dedicate all my time to it, but, when I saw this project, I kinda felt I had to be here)
By the way, talking about advertisement: I can be of help. I can provide around 200 ad posts daily, if you like.

+1

42 wrote:

when I saw this project, I kinda felt I had to be here)

:love: well, it's up to us too keep this place alive. let's play and talk and we'll probably create a community )

42 wrote:

I can provide around 200 ad posts daily, if you like.

Oh really? That's a lot.
Well, if you have time for that I'd be really greatful. Right now there are 2 piar-agents hired to help us with advertising, so I let myself be lazy  :D

Lucifer wrote:

Oh really? That's a lot.

Not for a programmer :) Let's see if my scripts are up to date, I have not tested them on a rusff forum for a while. Rusff works is a little differently than non-rusff forums

Lucifer
Ok, looks like it's working.
Starting form this post: yours and ours, for the next couple of hours, the ads posted from the standard PR account will be from my script. It does not leave a reciprocity link on our forum but it leaves it on the other forums

If you like, we can create a separate account for my bot to be able to tell apart its ad posts

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 18:26:31)

Oh, thank you! It's magic outside Hogwarts  :D
Yes, let's create a separate account

Lucifer
It's my love for sentient machines bearing the fruit XD
Ok. I'll create something on the evening. And I'll tell you when the script stops. So far, it has left 65 posts and it has worked through 1/3 of its database.

Sorry for all this technical stuff. I kinda feel I have to explain as much as I can at the very beginning, so people get the idea what's going on)

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 18:32:16)

+1

42 wrote:

Sorry for all this technical stuff. I kinda feel I have to explain as much as I can at the very beginning, so people get the idea what's going on)

I find it very interesting actually. I don't have a technical mind but I'm always fascinated by science

Lucifer
This is not science per se, it's pure web programming, but I'm kinda proud of this little project of mine)

Oh, one more detail: the bot is smart enough not to post the same ad template twice on one page. If it detects that this template (meaning the same image) is already present on the last page of the ad topic, it will skip the forum. But if it had two of three different ad templates, it would post a template that is not on the page yet. Just for your information :)

+1

How does your bot find forums for ad exchange?
I have no idea how it is possible

Lucifer
It's pretty simple. It has a list of some forums already, and it has a smart algorithm to find the correct ad topic (an actual AI technology is involved in it!) on this forums. When it has found the correct ad topic, it parses the last page looking for ad posts with the reciprocity links. They are easy to spot because they are the only links which are usually "raw" (meaning have a raw address instead of text). Once this link is detected, the bot goes to this forum, verifies that it has actually landed on a advertisement topic and adds a new forum to the database.
Something like that. So, the moment you started advertising your forum, my bot found it and added it to its database. I checked it an hour ago - both this forum and your test forum were in the bot's database.

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 18:51:44)

+2

Oh my, I caused a web-crawler invasion XD This tends to happen)

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-04 19:01:18)

Lucifer
The bot has finished. 186 ad posts in about an hour

That's impressive!
I'm in complete admiration

Lucifer
Always happy to help!

+1

Such a long day
And I still haven't finished my post

https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/68/56/2/573164.png
https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/68/56/2/805484.png
I thought these ladies would be our banners, by the way.

+1

Shadow Friend
Well, the first one will do I guess  :D

+1

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #1 summer is coming

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно