CROSS-PLATFORM ● ENGLISH ● 18+

SORRY, WE ARE CLOSED
WHAT'S NEW?
16/07: Stick to your guns ►►
16/06: The first steps ►►
01/06: We are officially open ►►

CC: PIE

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #2 destination vacation

flood #2 destination vacation

Posts 541 to 570 of 1000

https://i.postimg.cc/26ZXT6DQ/5cd91ccc90616f95123aa67a6608c949.gif

if you leave a review HERE you'll get a special prize!

+4

writing a fanfic in my blog and lifting up my sleepy head with Peyton Parrish's latest music xd not entirely successful in both cases xd
Glad that you are almost free from work =) Have a nice day, for all of us))

The Herald
Well, fanfic is an important business, it's worth getting up from the bed *nods approvingly*

And I have added a couple of rows to the code of the ad bot and now watching it work to see if it has accumulated any errors in the database. Fixed 5 or 6 so far. For the corpus of 250 forums, that's certainly not bad

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-22 15:05:42)

+1

#p6268,The Herald wrote:

which are?..

I was playing don't starve. I'm going to eat something now and then to play Dota.
Not a very productive day, yes  https://i.imgur.com/VVgNk8M.gif

#p6268,The Herald wrote:

since it's fanfic for me alone

Well, lyou can post it on AO3 maybe?

+1

#p6274,42 wrote:

And I have added a couple of rows to the code of the ad bot and now watching it work to see if it has accumulated any errors in the database. Fixed 5 or 6 so far. For the corpus of 250 forums, that's certainly not bad

Hello! Sounds fantastic!
Are you renting your bot to some forums? Or you are doing it entirely for free?

Why do I do this to myself? :D *emerges from another Dance of the Dragons holywar*

+2

Lucifer
This bot has been originally made for another forum, and we made an agreement with the admins: they are paying for the hosting of the bot and I maintain it. They can use to it promote whatever forums they like, I can use it to promote whatever forums I like. But we don't open it to the public and don't rent it out. Because clearly if everyone used it it would kill the idea of forum ads altogether XD

Fuego y sangre
Why indeed? Who has won?

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-22 15:34:39)

Oh wow, I have just discovered a very nasty bug on rusff. Will need to fix it today

Lucifer
You ad topic is over, by the way)

#p6336,42 wrote:

Fuego y sangre
Why indeed? Who has won?

Because it's fun!
Well, the war is not over (and probably never will be), but the opponent got banned (not sure if it's permament or temporary). Because "Martin's books are garbage, only dumb girls read them, and the Real Men use fandom wiki and 1 (one) quote from Stannis" is a rather bold position to express at the forum of Asoiaf fans :D

Last edited by Fuego y sangre (2024-06-22 15:41:16)

+1

#p6336,42 wrote:

Because clearly if everyone used it it would kill the idea of forum ads altogether XD

That's true. I was thinking about it.
That there is probably no point in ads at all if only bots visit ads topics.

#p6337,42 wrote:

You ad topic is over, by the way)

Thanks!

Fuego y sangre
Wow! That's an interesting specimen you got there :D

Lucifer
Well, right now, mostly the paid posters visit them, so not much difference there. The only real difference is that my bot can post a lot of ads so if more people used it the ad topic would get finished really fast XD

+1

#p6342,42 wrote:

Well, right now, mostly the paid posters visit them, so not much difference there

hm, that is also true. you are right
I wonder if there will be an alternative soon then

#p6342,42 wrote:

That's an interesting specimen you got there

Yeah, they rarely get this honest and open about it, but this one was green fresh and inexperienced :D

Last edited by Fuego y sangre (2024-06-22 16:01:28)

#p6339,Fuego y sangre wrote:

Because it's fun!

what is life without some drama?

#p6345,Lucifer wrote:

what is life without some drama?

Indeed!

+1

Lucifer
I was thinking about this. It is possible to create a crawler to visit role forums, use AI to find the right place where wanted posts live, parse them with the help of the same AI and thus to create an auto-updating gallery of wanted posts across all forums. But then I asked myself what would be the profit in it for me personally and decided not to bother)

Fuego y sangre
One part of me wants to ask what he was even doing on that forum, but the other part of me already knows that people are simply idiots weird

+1

Ok, the bug should not happen again. Let the party go on

#p6347,42 wrote:

Fuego y sangre
One part of me wants to ask what he was even doing on that forum, but the other part of me already knows that people are simply idiots weird

Martin does that to people) The thing is, in the main ASOIAF he is portraying an imagined patriarchal society, but his moral estimation can and does fly over some heads)
And then Martin hits everyone in the face with the Dance of the Dragons which does not have POVs or much nuance, but where it suddenly turns out that in the pseudomedieval succession war only bad guys would support a brother against a sister, and the sister would be supported by all the good guys (plus her uncle-husband, author's favorite Daemon Targaryen :D)
And people's brains shortcircuit)

Fuego y sangre
But Martin never portrayed this patriarchal society as something good or just. From the very beginning, the only unquestionably noble guy in the books, Ned, finds his daughter a martial arts teacher. And Brianne is the quintessence of knighthood. I'm not even talking about Daenerys, she is a different beast, bit even among the normal characters the female leads are quite visible.

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-22 16:35:32)

+2

Of course, but the text is rich enough to lure in someone with no reading comprehension such differing values that the author's point just flies over their heads. And then there's Dance where there's barely no place to bargain.

Fuego y sangre
Oh well. Let me guess: the guy us American?

Which guy?)

Fuego y sangre
The one with the alternative views on consuming canon)

Last edited by 42 (2024-06-22 16:51:20)

Oh, no-no-no, it's a Russian forum)
English-speaking fandom is another beast. They can't just say "we hate women", so they have to work around it like "Targaryens are horrible colonizers!" and "Greens (who are techhically also Targaryens but no one sees them as such :D) follow local tradition and law. They will be better for smallfolk! Rhaenyra does not understand duty and law and Daemon would be a tyrant!"

This is a horrible sadistic bloodthirsty tyrant, don't get confused!

Prince Daemon took eagerly to the work of the gold cloaks, and oft prowled the alleys of King’s Landing with his men. That he made the city more orderly no man could doubt, but his discipline was a brutal one. He delighted in cutting off the hands of pickpockets, gelding rapists, and slitting the noses of thieves, and slew three men in street brawls during his first year as commander.

And this is Team Smallfolk

Tumbleton, that prosperous market town, was reduced to ash and embers. Thousands burned, and as many died by drowning as they tried to swim the river. Some would later say they were the fortunate ones, for no mercy was shown the survivors. Lord Footly’s men threw down their swords and yielded, only to be bound and beheaded. Such townswomen as survived the fires were raped repeatedly, even girls as young as eight and ten. Old men and boys were put to the sword, whilst the dragons fed upon the twisted, smoking carcasses of their victims. Tumbleton was never to recover; though later Footlys would attempt to rebuild atop the ruins, their “new town” would never be a tenth the size of the old, for the smallfolk said the very ground was haunted.

Team Law and Tradition as well

Bold Jon Roxton became enamored of the beautiful Lady Sharis Footly, the wife of the Lord of Tumbleton, and claimed her as a “prize of war.” When her lord husband protested, Ser Jon cut him nigh in two with Orphan-Maker, saying, “She can make widows too,” as he tore the gown from the weeping Lady Sharis. Only two days later, Lord Peake and Lord Bourney argued bitterly at a war council, until Peake drew his dagger and stabbed Bourney through the eye, declaring, “Once a turncloak, ever a turncloak,” as Prince Daeron and Ser Hobert looked on, horror-struck.

Fuego y sangre
You don't need to convince me, I totally believe that there has never been a sane Targaryen, no matter bastard or not)

There are different degrees of insanity though :D
For Green fans the first fragment is bad but the second and third are okay...

Last edited by Fuego y sangre (2024-06-22 17:19:14)

I was a big fan of GoT, but for some reason I can't make myself watch HoD. Maybe I'm afraid to be disappointed again  :D

Lucifer
If you are afraid of disappointments, HotD might not be the best thing for you... I approach it like "it's so bad that it's good")

+1

My friend already has an album I got for her.
It's good that it's possible to change it for another

+2

How is your day going, gals and lads?

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #2 destination vacation

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно