CROSS-PLATFORM ● ENGLISH ● 18+

SORRY, WE ARE CLOSED
WHAT'S NEW?
16/07: Stick to your guns ►►
16/06: The first steps ►►
01/06: We are officially open ►►

CC: PIE

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.


Вы здесь » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #3 allons-y!


flood #3 allons-y!

Сообщений 331 страница 360 из 1000

1

https://upforme.ru/uploads/001c/2a/e6/22/702219.jpg

Previous pictures

Отредактировано Coffee table knight (2024-07-13 13:46:44)

+6

331

Coffee table knight, Watts is amazing. I don't agree with entire philosophical backbone of his Blightsight/Firefall cycle, because I went back to Metzinger's Being No One, from which Watts admitted to take inspiration, and read it myself, and came to different conclusions entirely. But man does have style. The Freeze-Frame Revolution is awesome... Coming to think about it, now that I remember it, I kinda see where 42 might be going with the plot of our episode. lol.

And my personal favorite is Rifters. As youth of today says, Watts was cooking with that trilogy, cooking hard.

#p9559,Coffee table knight написал(а):

Have you read "Fear that Man" by Dean Koontz?

I never even heard about it.

+1

332

#p9560,space cowboy написал(а):

Coming to think about it, now that I remember it, I kinda see where 42 might be going with the plot of our episode. lol.

Nah! We are not poking holes in space, there is enough shit going on around already XD

Отредактировано 42 (2024-07-03 23:35:36)

+1

333

#p9561,42 написал(а):

We are not poking wholes in space, there is enough shit going on around already XD

I'm not talking about millions-of-years spanning galactic higway project
I'm about benevolent AI making sure that you behave well in his doll house  https://i.imgur.com/WSG4LIs.png

Отредактировано space cowboy (2024-07-03 23:37:20)

0

334

#p9558,space cowboy написал(а):

y'all can say "thank you" to 42, that she mentioned Watts in her personal file

I would bow if I had enough body parts for that XD

(And I also don't nothing about HP, by the way)

+1

335

#p9562,space cowboy написал(а):

I'm about benevolent AI making sure that you behave well in his doll house

Well, he is not hiding that he is an AI, at least not from the reader. And it IS his dollhouse, he has spent a lot of time building it! So please, have some respect for the good ol' Gov'nor

0

336

space cowboy
Oh, I’ve already opened the book Blightsight. So first read Being No One or Rifters? Okay.

#p9560,space cowboy написал(а):

I never even heard about it.

I was impressed with this book. Very much. It has an unusual plot in my opinion. It’s not that I read a lot of science fiction to judge... But it’s something bright and memorable.

+1

337

Coffee table knight, nah-nah-nah, Being No One you don't need. It's a dense 700 page book on phenomenology of neurobiology, written by a German philosopher and later translated into English. It's fascinating, but it's, like, "tungsten cube that cures mortality" levels of density. So have fun with Blightsight, and later take a stab at Starfish (first one of Rifters)

#p9564,42 написал(а):

So please, have some respect for the good ol' Gov'nor

As a reader, I'm naught but compassion. but Iariah, well, he'll be sort of non-lenient about whole "doll house" stuff

+1

338

Well, Harry Potter is an environment, where you can build almost anything. Imagine a lot of...

+1

339

#p9567,Coffee table knight написал(а):

Well, Harry Potter is an environment, where you can build almost anything. Imagine a lot of...

That's why I usually don't play rainbows and unicorns (aka things that people usually play) and eventually add some... horror aspect to it?
Or trying to do so, at least.

Отредактировано Moon Presence (2024-07-03 23:46:36)

+1

340

#p9566,space cowboy написал(а):

700 page

https://i.imgur.com/GGJ1M.gif
When I’m scared of something like that, I just want it more, huh. But I guess, there’s really not a lot of free time.

+1

341

space cowboy
Talking about sci-fi, have you heard of Revelation Space? It's hard to call it "hard sci-fi", it's more like "all hell break loose sci-fi", but it has a lot of interesting concepts.

#p9566,space cowboy написал(а):

As a reader, I'm naught but compassion

You have the Governor's gratitude

0

342

#p9568,Moon Presence написал(а):

That's why I usually don't play rainbows and unicorns (aka things that people usually play) and eventually add some... horror aspect to it?
Or trying to do so, at least.

And I’m playing a rainbow with drama. My favorite dish. https://i.imgur.com/BtfGZ.png

+1

343

#p9569,Coffee table knight написал(а):

When I’m scared of something like that, I just want it more, huh. But I guess, there’s really not a lot of free time.

Well, if you insist, Being No One can be found online in pdf, and Metzinger does us a favor by having entire chapter in the end dedicated to "TL;DR" of his work, where you can glimpse a bird-view of his concepts. Dense, but graspable for a laymen like us. It can be read standalone

#p9570,42 написал(а):

Revelation Space

No, I haven't seen it before you mentioned it in your file
I might check it out

Y'see, after reading Watts circa 2016, and revisiting him later when Firefall dropped, I shifted my gaze to slice of life novels, and non-fiction. Somewhere in 2022 I got thru Murderbot Diaries, but they're pretty bland, but there, too, an interesting bit of worldbuilding to be found. And now I'm taking a break from reading Azimov's Foundation series. I read first three books in, like, two weeks, and I decided to slow down with some Chernyshevsky.

Отредактировано space cowboy (2024-07-03 23:55:20)

+1

344

I still got into Metzinger's Being No One, my brain is broken, although obviously there is something cool there. I’m sitting.

+1

345

space cowboy
I listened to the first couple of Murderbot Diaries, and I totally agree, they are bland. Almost like "The Long Flight to a Small Angry Planet" or whatever was the name of that book everyone was talking about for a time...
Asimov... I must admit, I could not read it. I have very complicated relationship with the old sci-fi, it feels too naive from the modern point of view. The only exception would be the Hyperion series. That was interesting.
Ok, digging up more classics... have you read Necronomicon (or something else of Shephenson)?

Отредактировано 42 (2024-07-04 00:08:23)

0

346

Okay, I can still read the Tulpa phenomenon book.

0

347

#p9573,space cowboy написал(а):

"TL;DR" of his work, where you can glimpse a bird-view of his concepts. Dense, but graspable for a laymen like us. It can be read standalone

I will try...

+1

348

42, yeah, I feel you. Old classics do come off as naive. I'm going through Foundation only because good friend of mine baited me for it, because he was certain that Asimov somehow put marxist-leninist method behind "psychohistory", but it's... complicated.

First two books of Hyperion are awesome. Last two... I dunno, maybe I just didn't "get it", when I got to them. But first one is just mwah, cheff's kiss

#p9575,42 написал(а):

Necronomicon (or something else of Shephenson)?

nah, I only read Lovecraft, but I don't think it's that kind of Necronomicon

Have you read House of Leaves? Not sci-fi per se, but damn it's a solid horror (... after which I somehow ended up curing my anxiety about darkness, weird, but I'll take it)

#p9574,Coffee table knight написал(а):

I still got into Metzinger's Being No One, my brain is broken, although obviously there is something cool there. I’m sitting.

I salute you, brave unfortunate soul!

+1

349

space cowboy
I was going to say Cryptonomicon, but I'm playing fantasy on another forum, and you can see how it affects me  :rofl:

#p9578,space cowboy написал(а):

Have you read House of Leaves?

Have not heard of it. Googling...

Upd. Ok, found it, got on the wait list in my library

Отредактировано 42 (2024-07-04 00:17:18)

0

350

#p9577,Coffee table knight написал(а):

I will try...

If you will, then pair it up with Ilyenkov's "Материалистическое понимание мышления как предмета логики", it's a short article, and Ilyenkov is a solid dialectical materialist, especially as it comes to writing to the point, and in human-understandable language

+1

351

#p9580,space cowboy написал(а):

If you will, then pair it up with Ilyenkov's "Материалистическое понимание мышления как предмета логики", it's a short article, and Ilyenkov is a solid dialectical materialist, especially as it comes to writing to the point, and in human-understandable language

Wait, I’m writing... I need a separate notepad with sequential circuits. Oh, I love it. I love talking to you so much.

+1

352

#p9568,Moon Presence написал(а):

That's why I usually don't play rainbows and unicorns (aka things that people usually play) and eventually add some... horror aspect to it?

There is a lot of potential for horrors in Harry Potter)))

+3

353

#p9579,42 написал(а):

Cryptonomicon

/googles/ Ah. Looks interesting!

#p9581,Coffee table knight написал(а):

Wait, I’m writing... I need a separate notepad with sequential circuits. Oh, I love it. I love talking to you so much.

Psst! Wanna know more about chaos theory, or information? James Gleick has you covered! His Chaos, and Information: History, Theory, Flood are some of my beloved non-fiction

#p9582,Lucifer написал(а):

There is a lot of potential for horrors in Harry Potter)))

For example?

+1

354

#p9582,Lucifer написал(а):

There is a lot of potential for horrors in Harry Potter)))

Yes, but some things need to be written down, as there's no such things as cannibalism or pagan cults there x)
It's just examples :'D

+1

355

#p9583,space cowboy написал(а):

Psst! Wanna know more about chaos theory, or information? James Gleick has you covered! His Chaos, and Information: History, Theory, Flood are some of my beloved non-fiction

/writes/ https://i.imgur.com/lA50Zgi.gif
I want to know as much as possible, and preferably as soon as possible. As quickly as possible put it all in my head, God, I don’t have enough life.

+1

356

#p9584,Moon Presence написал(а):

Yes, but some things need to be written down, as there's no such things as cannibalism or pagan cults there x)
It's just examples :'D

You got a serious attitude, lady!

+1

357

#p9586,Coffee table knight написал(а):

You got a serious attitude, lady!

Huhuhu, yes, but I like it this way.
Yikes forever... (c)

Anyway...

There's always a basilisk under the school toilet or giant spider in the woods, but... y'know, they're more cute than scary.
The only terrifying things there are dementors, but because they are made this way - to be scary hooded mfs, pulling you right out of comfort zone.

Отредактировано Moon Presence (2024-07-04 00:38:53)

+1

358

#p9585,Coffee table knight написал(а):

I want to know as much as possible, and preferably as soon as possible. As quickly as possible put it all in my head, God, I don’t have enough life.

Start cramming reading into every idle activity. I try to, and it sometimes work, but then I have weeks like this one, where for 22 hours of sleep I have about 25 hours of binging YouTube. Time tracking is an awful, awful thing. You actually see how much time you're wasting, and in my case it's approaching chtonic horror, since I'm the one to blame for about 95% of my time wasting xd

ugh, it's getting late. ciao, and sweet dreams y'all

+2

359

space cowboy
It is. Stephenson is a good hard sci-fi writer. Probably one of my favourite.

+1

360

#p9587,Moon Presence написал(а):

they're more cute than scary

Are you from Slytherin? Come on, fess up https://i.imgur.com/UrX4KCU.png

#p9588,space cowboy написал(а):

I have about 25 hours of binging YouTube

I recently finished with the addiction to YouTube. It was a grand victory. I’m not going back there again. Books helped me get out of there.
And...! I know how you feel. As a whole.

Good night! https://i.imgur.com/TC16Z.gif

0


Вы здесь » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #3 allons-y!


Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно