CROSS-PLATFORM ● ENGLISH ● 18+

SORRY, WE ARE CLOSED
WHAT'S NEW?
16/07: Stick to your guns ►►
16/06: The first steps ►►
01/06: We are officially open ►►

CC: PIE

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #3 allons-y!

flood #3 allons-y!

Posts 211 to 240 of 1000

https://forumupload.ru/uploads/001c/2a/e6/22/702219.jpg

Previous pictures

Last edited by Coffee table knight (2024-07-13 13:46:44)

+6

I'm not generally a fan of russian rap, but damn Noize MC's rendition of Orpheus myth makes me "yes" on the parts where Orpheus and Eurydyce go at it.

There's something je ne sais quoi about modern!AU greek mythology

+1

#p9011,space cowboy wrote:

Noize MC

Trying to listen: failed.
I guess I’m a bigger no-rap fan than you. https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0019/a4/9b/6/78893.png

+1

Coffee table knight, well, I have plenty of good rap in my collection; given that I vibe under Run the Jewels and occasionally even Death Grips, I just trained my ear to enjoy good stuff when I find it
And Noize's rap-opera is overall a sublime thing. Like, lyric-wise it's hot, so hot, Noize's crew been cooking hard. But it's also narratively very cool: on re-listeting I realized that Noze's Orpheus doomed from his first lines, like, he couldn't turned out any other way. He wasn't spoiled by fame and riches, he was already bougie ashhole, and it's so tragic. And that it's not Orpheus but Eurydice who looks back and dooms them — ah, cheff's kiss

... also, I guess I do dig rap, because good performers from the West generally contributed a lot to my understanding of English: puns, rhymes, accents, slang, all that good stuff

+1

#p9013,space cowboy wrote:

... also, I guess I do dig rap, because good performers from the West generally contributed a lot to my understanding of English: puns, rhymes, accents, slang, all that good stuff

Cool!
I wish I could find something that would help with English.
By the way, I remembered the rap I like. Linkin Park. But it’s considered an alternative, I know.

+1

Coffee table knight, well, rap is just one example of English in practice, and there's a lot of 'em
If not rap, then any other musician or band, really
and if not music, then TV, and if not that, then brainrot on YouTube (though not "brainrot" specifically - that genre seems to be occupied by gen alpha slang shitposting, and although technically English, it's so fringe that it's just cringe (rhyme not intended, but I'll take it)
just practice, practice, and practice some more

It took me like... four years? between barely communicating with people in videogame chat thru google translate to "holy shit, I don't need subtitles anymore" and then three more years to quit worrying about language level altogether

+1

space cowboy
Oh no, all this I study, read books little by little, listen to music and so on. I meant that there is no specific passion. It seems... I should look for.

Hell... the passion is there. Textual role-playing, huh. Now I'm calm https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0019/a4/9b/6/189795.gif

#p9015,space cowboy wrote:

It took me like... four years? between barely communicating with people in videogame chat thru google translate to "holy shit, I don't need subtitles anymore" and then three more years to quit worrying about language level altogether

That sounds very inspiring! It's awesome!

+1

Португалия - Словения
Видит Бог, я терпеть не мог португальскую сборную, потому что люто топил то за немцев, то за испанцев, но это как грится хрендацать лет назад было. Сегодня, глядя, как португальцы споткнулись сначала об Грузию, теперь об Словению, у меня уже почти что механическое сердце кровью обливается за постоянно матерящегося куда-то в облака Роналдо. Забей уже, твою ж налево, ну забей, ну чем тебя заклинать-то господи, ну... И все равно, вон они пошли на третий тайм, а я все, я уже не могу. Но забавно, что пока что это самый интересный для меня был матч. Утром будет сюрприз, кто выиграл. Если Словения выпнет Португалию с чемпионата по серии пенальти, я буду плакать и смеяться одновременно.

Всем доброй ночи хд этот андроид не вывозит уже ничего хд

+2

The Herald
Good night! Let yourself to relax and regain your strength! We need you alive and healthy!

+1

Coffee table knight
Well, I've deleted everything already. But I'll take a picture next time I see her )

+1

Every now and then I stumble upon some unexpectedly quirky passage in dry academic literature, and here's a gem from from risk assesment in agricultural production:

... methodologies are like sex: "they are better demonstrated than discussed, but often better anticipated than experienced".

Good mornin', folks

+4

#p9028,space cowboy wrote:

methodologies are like sex

it sounds quite poetic.

today is cold, rainy and sleepy morning... i want to sleep all the time on days like this https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0019/a4/9b/6/886659.gif

+3

Good morning!
I wish the very best day to all of you

space cowboy
Someone was probably horny while writing this  :D

newest chronology
Then stay in bed and sleep. The world can wait

+2

#p9035,Lucifer wrote:

The world can wait

no it can't  https://i.imgur.com/OXWHv.png

+1

#p9035,Lucifer wrote:

Someone was probably horny while writing this 

Kudos to his horny. Glory to his mischief.

+1

I had horror dreams again, in which I broke the fourth wall. Again.

+3

#p9041,Coffee table knight wrote:

in which I broke the fourth wall. Again

Breaking the first, the second, the third
The fourth wall, fifth wall, no floor, you fall
🎵

Lucifer, I wouldn't say so, like, by the way they frame sex (better done, but worse than anticipated) it's not horny, but like newest chronology says, it's poetic.

Stuff like this made me fall in love with academia, because just when you think it's all serious and boring, they sucker punch you like that, and it's awesome. I still remember how fucking hilarious was the passage along the lines of "participation reward of $100 was considered sufficient, for participating students mainly subsist on instant noodles". Or the way Marx and Chernyshevsky just woke up and chose violence. It's a crying shame that modern Russian academia in general lost this capacity for well-documented, well-articulated shitposting.

+2

#p9063,space cowboy wrote:

Breaking the first, the second, the third
The fourth wall, fifth wall, no floor, you fall

Yes, somehow it all happened. Came out of one nightmare to get into a new one.
Or is someone stopping me from breaking this wall.

#p9063,space cowboy wrote:

Stuff like this made me fall in love with academia, because just when you think it's all serious and boring, they sucker punch you like that, and it's awesome.

That’s right! Exactly!
I also fell in love with chemistry at university, because chemists were jokers.

+2

It's a niceday today. Not so hot as it was yesterday. My brians work as they should.
And I can say I'm more than MVP

+1

#p9017,The Herald wrote:

Если Словения выпнет Португалию с чемпионата по серии пенальти, я буду плакать и смеяться одновременно.

I've looked up the result. Seems like it was an intense game

#p9108,Lucifer wrote:

It's a niceday today. Not so hot as it was yesterday. My brians work as they should.

That’s a good thing!
It’s getting cold in here too, but we’ve been sleepy all day.

+1

Coffee table knight
So what are you doing today?

Lucifer
Noooooothing. Except watching series, and I’m telling myself to do it. Maybe draw a picture... So I don’t want to throw this day in the trash.
And what about you?

+1

#p9167,Coffee table knight wrote:

So I don’t want to throw this day in the trash.

https://forumupload.ru/uploads/001c/2a/e6/5/t559506.webp

+1

Coffee table knight
I'm writing a post. We don't have any visitors today, so I don't have anything to do work related.

+1

Lucifer
How painful it is to look at this meme, huh https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0019/a4/9b/6/445915.gif

+1

Coffee table knight
Why???
You can make it real

#p9169,Lucifer wrote:

I'm writing a post. We don't have any visitors today, so I don't have anything to do work related.

How nice!

+1

Lucifer, no no no no no. I don’t want to. I want to be active and efficient https://i.imgur.com/MlbhS.gif

+1

Coffee table knight
What do you want to draw?

+1

Lucifer
My cat. In a slightly surrealist manner. My cat has an unusual pattern around the eyes, like a rock star's makeup. In reality. It’s very beautiful and a little intimidating. From a distance his eyes look like two abysses. I want to capture him in a picture.

+1

You are here » CC: PIE » general archive » flood #3 allons-y!

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно